Terms Of Service
These Terms of Service are effective on January 15, 2018.
GraspIO reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time and in its sole discretion. Modified terms will become effective immediately upon posting on the Site, or by providing such other notice as we deem appropriate. The date of the latest revision will be noted at the top of this page. Your use of the Site, Products, or the Services after the date changes become effective constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement and any additional terms or notices posted on the Site.
Section 1: Definitions
- “GraspIO” or “We” here refers Grasp IO Innovations Private Limited.
- “Services” means any and all services and hosted software applications provided by GraspIO, including but not limited to, the GraspIO Studio mobile app, the GraspIO Cloud, GraspIO’s Website, forums, and social media channels, besides any other software services offered by GraspIO.
- “You” means Yourself and any entities you represent.
- “Products” means both the physical products produced and sold by GraspIO, including, for example, the GraspIO Cloudio; the firmware, provided by GraspIO, that is programmed onto certain of these physical products, as well as software products like the GraspIO Studio mobile app, and the Cloud functionality provided as part of the offering.
- “Site” or “Website(s)” means any web domains owned, operated, branded or co-branded by GraspIO, including its website and community forum.
- “Board” means GraspIO hardware, or specifically, GraspIO Cloudio, and vice versa.
- “Agreement” refers to the latest version of this document.
Section 2: General Terms
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account. You also represent that all information You provide or provided to GraspIO upon registration is true and, and You agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify GraspIO of any unauthorized uses of Your account or any other breaches of security. GraspIO will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to your use of the Service in the location of use.
- You are solely responsible for Your conduct and any data, files, information, images, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, projects, and other content or materials that You create, transmit, or share via the Service.
- Any user content created by You, such as images, audios, videos, and zip files are not password-protected at the time of transmission to other platforms such as email or notifications. Though GraspIO complies with standard security practices and standards for transmission and storage of data, a possibility exists that an unauthorized third-party could discover user content while it is being transmitted over the internet from GraspIO to your personal accounts during the process of sharing or exporting data/user content. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, We cannot guarantee its absolute security and will not be held liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of this .
- While we have no obligation to, remove, edit, block, and/or monitor Content or accounts, We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to You.
- You agree that You are responsible for all data/internet charges You incur through use of the Service.
- You represent and warrant that You will use the Software and Services only with the Authorized Hardware and only as part of Customer Applications or Customer Devices.
- You agree with the Cloud call metering terms as outlined in the GraspIO Studio app and explained in section 7 (IoT Cloud Metering) of this document.
Section 3: Projects
- You can use GraspIO to create projects in your account and deploy them on the boards registered under your account. Currently, a maximum of 50 projects can be linked to an account.
You agree that you acknowledge these terms and that you are solely responsible for your conduct and usage of the service.
Section 4: Email functionality
GraspIO products provide an email functionality (through the Camera and Email blocks of the GraspIO Studio mobile app). You can thus send emails from the board (or GraspIO Cloud) to your registered email address (in the Camera block) and other other email addresses (in the Email block) selected by you while creating your projects in GraspIO Studio.
You agree that You have understood the usage of these blocks and have authorised the GraspIO board and Cloud service to send you emails and media on your registered email ID.
You agree that You have understood the usage of this block and have authorised the GraspIO board and Cloud service to send emails and media on your behalf to the email addresses selected by You while using this block/application.
Additionally, you agree that you understand that the email functionality on GraspIO is designed such that there is a minimum 15-minute interval between successive emails sent by the Service.
A total of 20 email blocks (or a maximum of 40 emails, 2 emails per block) can be used in a day.
You are responsible for designing projects and IoT solutions that consider this aspect in their design and functionality. GraspIO will not be held liable for any loss (of data or otherwise) or damage caused due to a failure to consider this limitation while using the Service.
You are solely responsible for Your conduct and any data, files, information, images, photos, video clips, sounds, and/or any other content or materials that You create, transmit, or share via the usage of this functionality.
Section 5: Voice recording and Speech recognition
GraspIO products use voice recording and speech recognition functionality in the Voice block in GraspIO Studio.
- The Playback block uses voice or audio recording.
- You agree that you grant the app voice recording and speech recognition permissions when you use these blocks.
- Any voice recording created using the Playback block is saved on the GraspIO block in an encoded format which can only be decoded by GraspIO technology ensuring data privacy.
Section 6: Data transmission and storage
You agree that you understand and accept the below:
- GraspIO uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for communication between any GraspIO Products/ Services. This includes any communication between the GraspIO Cloud, the GraspIO Studio app as well as GraspIO hardware products. Data collected by GraspIO via its Products, Websites and Services is stored on secure third-party servers.
- Content created (or collected) by You for your projects such as image, audio, and video content along with data such as sensor values, dashboard data, etc. are saved and linked to your account. Any media content created using the Camera and Email blocks is saved on the GraspIO Cloud as per the third-party security standards and deleted after a period of 7 days from creation.
- Audio recordings created as part of the Playback block in GraspIO Studio in a project are encoded before it is saved on the GraspIO IoT Cloud. This data can be decoded only using GraspIO technology, thus ensuring data security and privacy.
- Any user content created by You, such as images, audios, videos, and zip files are not password-protected at the time of transmission to other platforms such as email or notifications.
- Though GraspIO complies with the above security practices and standards for transmission and storage of data, a possibility exists that an unauthorized third-party could discover user content while it is being transmitted over the internet from GraspIO to your personal accounts during the process of sharing or exporting data/user content. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Section 7: IoT Cloud Metering
Note: GraspIO reserves the right to modify the Cloud Call Metering charges at any stage. Modified terms will become effective immediately upon posting on the Site, or by providing such other notice as we deem appropriate. Your use of the app or the Services after the date changes become effective constitutes Your acceptance of the modified terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement and any additional terms or notices posted on the Site.
A project may be deployed to the GraspIO board over the internet using GraspIO’s Cloud service, IoT Cloud. All cloud related services are measured using Cloud Calls. A Cloud Call is a traffic based measurement. Any one-way communication between GraspIO Cloudio and GraspIO Studio App via IoT Cloud is one call.
Each board is preloaded with 50,000 free Cloud Calls. Upon completion of 50,000 calls, 100 daily non-cumulative calls are credited to your account for life. Cloud Calls plans that require usage above these limits can be purchased via the GraspIO Studio app as per the payment terms outlined therewith.
The daily calls are credited at 12:00 AM GST.
It is to be noted here that all call related credits (Free calls and daily calls) apply to one board and are non-transferable between boards linked to, or held under the same account.
Besides during deployment and execution of GraspIO projects, Cloud calls are made for execution, data collection and transmission, over the IoT Cloud. It is to be noted that certain advanced IoT features of the GraspIO app are designed to work only with/through the IoT Cloud.
A project on GraspIO Studio is created using a combination of blocks. Each block consumes a certain number of calls that are deducted from your account. This number is deducted from the account each time (and every time) this block is executed.
Cloud calls for a project are calculated based on
o The number of times it is deployed.
(Each instance of deployment (be it on a board, or a repeated case of deployment) of the project counts as a separate call)
o The blocks included inside it
(Includes additional feature based calls for advanced blocks, and execution calls corresponding to internet calls used directly or indirectly by the block)
For a project the number of calls incurred will be sum of the three calls explained below.
o Deployment call – Call(s) made when the project is deployed. This refers to 1 call per instance of deployment.
o Execution call - Call(s) made as part of the project execution. Corresponding call rates will be levied each time the feature is executed.
o Special call - Call(s) made by a special block(s) which either uses the Internet or includes blocks with unique capabilities within the project.
Each time a project is deployed, 1 deployment call is made. In addition, the Cloud calls corresponding to individual functions or blocks within the project are deducted from your account.
The calls corresponding to each block/function are summarized below.
|Block / Function||Number of Execution Calls||Number of Special Calls|
* 1 Call per value per mobile device.
Each instance of fetching a sensor data value on GraspIO Studio consumes 1 call per mobile device.
If John’s project fetches and displays 30 values from 1 sensor in a 30-minute monitoring duration, 30 calls are made.
If John monitors 2 sensors in the project, 60 values are collected, and hence, 60 calls made.
However, if John fetches the same data on GraspIO Studio running on another mobile device, the same number of calls will be consumed again by this second session.
** Call deductions will begin once the project is uploaded to the board irrespective of the applet creation on IFTTT. So, if the board is configured to work as a Trigger for IFTTT, call deductions will be made when the triggers are fired on the device even if the applet is not created or enabled for the board.
Section 8: Restrictions
- Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this Agreement, You shall not for Yourself, or through any parent, subsidiary, affiliate, agent or any other third party: (a) sell, lease, license, distribute, sublicense, or otherwise transfer in whole or in part, any part of the Services, Software or the Documentation to a third party;
Section 9: Trademarks and Attribution
- The GraspIO name and logos are trademarks and service marks of Grasp IO Innovations Private Limited.
Nothing in this Agreement should be construed as granting, by implication, any license or right to use these without GraspIO’s prior written permission in each instance by email to email@example.com or as otherwise expressly authorized by GraspIO in writing.
The terms “exclusive”, “preferred” or other terms that imply a special relationship with GraspIO may not be used in association with GraspIO at any time.
Section 10: Disclaimer of Warranties
- The services, software, and other parts of GraspIO technology, and all related products, information and support, are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. GraspIO does not warrant that the services or software will be uninterrupted or error free; nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from Your use of the technology to the fullest permitted by applicable law, GraspIO disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, extent but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
A limited warranty is offered for GraspIO Hardware (see product packaging).
Section 11: Limitation of liability
- GraspIO or its officers, affiliates, representatives, contractors and employees shall not be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement or terms and conditions related thereto under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory: (a) for error or interruption of use or for loss or inaccuracy or corruption of data or loss of business; (b) for any indirect, exemplary, incidental, special or consequential damages; (c) for any matter beyond GraspIO’s reasonable control, even if GraspIO’s has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage;